Creative Critical Reflection #1 Draft

    The first film convention that my partner and I used was the Thank You font style in the color maroon. We chose the font style and color because we felt it gave a mysterious and haunting look. The second film convention that my partner and I used were a studio and on a location shots. The studio shot was the detective's office and the location was the flash backs in the woods. We used these in order to give a sense of realism. The third film convention that my partner and I used was costumes. We had the two main characters, Harper and Sarah, wear two different costumes to show that the flashbacks in the detective scenes were two different days. The forth film convention that my partner and I used was camera shots of close ups. We used the close up shots to emphasized the character's reaction to seeing the monster. The fifth film convention that my partner and I used were short takes while they were running through the woods. We used these short takes to emphasize that the characters are confused with what took place. The films that the above conventions were researched from were It, A Quiet Place, Halloween, and The Nun.
    The social group represented in the film were young females from the age of 12 to 16. The social group of the characters are middle class, Caucasian, Jewish, and Christian. They are represented by their different characters roles. The oldest person was the detective, the next two were the sister and her friend and the youngest was the little sister/victim.

Comments